Monday 8 October 2012

Mc Escher

Picture by MC. Escher.


Realism 

I see that stairways are coming from all sides of the picture and if you turn in any direction it seems correct to you as people are going up and down stairs in all directions and you can see this picture from all sides. This is a building and there are many people who work at this building. If you spin this picture by any side you can see the building and its outside. 

Emotionalism

I feel like there is no attractive force in the building and as if the people in it are mummified and are resurrected from Egyptian graves. This drawing looks like dream because there are many people without faces. 

Mood

We can see that sun is shining outside, but inside the building is gloomy and somber. This picture doesn't make me feel happy, on the contrary, it arises in me a feeling of distress and depression. If I look longer on the picture I feel like outside is a paradise but inside is the hell, where faceless people go aimlessly in all directions without end and if somebody can survive, then he goes out the door into the paradise. May be this is a labyrinth? 

Formalism 

The objects in the picture are well organised, the steps of the people and their movements are correctly shown. I like the shading of the picture and contrast between the inside and outside. I think the artist used here a unique technique in order to draw this picture, as it is correct from all the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment